The Realist Approach to Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Community Bootcamp
Course overview and goals
This Digital Marketing Bootcamp will give you the knowledge and confidence that you need to make better digital marketing decisions.
"I'll be very honest with you. This is not a very technical class (although you will have hands-on experience with tools such as WordPress, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, etc). This digital marketing class is about understanding how to make the right decisions when you start on your digital marketing journey, either as a business or as a professional. You will gain technical knowledge, but you will also develop the mindset necessary for digital. If I only teach you how to use digital marketing tools, I can guarantee your technical skills will be outdated in 3 months' time. That's how fast digital and the world move.
Too often, "digital marketing" courses offer training to teach you the technical skills to run Google Search ads or Facebook Ad campaigns. But most times, these trainings do not give you the knowledge or insights to be entrepreneurial or knowhow to be proactive with digital marketing even without a marketing budget. If you haven't realised by now, Google Ads and Facebook Marketing cost money. You can't be spending advertising budget all the time. As more businesses use digital advertising, it will get more expensive in time due to increased competition. You want your business, startup or your employer's company to build a brand that lasts and remembered by your customers.
Bring all your digital marketing questions to class and I will bring my over 15 years of experience working in digital environments in various roles including senior corporate marketer in advertising technology and media companies, digital marketing specialist & trainer and, currently, entrepreneur. We will answer all the questions that you may have. Not only that, we will debunk all the myths and hype around digital marketing so that you will leave my class in a better position to make smarter digital marketing decisions.
PS. I have nothing to upsell before, during or after this event. I give away digital marketing project opportunities to my organisational partners and I am not affiliated to any technology providers (I do have favourites though!) Be rest assured that it will be a neutral learning experience. Just me, my knowledge and my experience."
Testimonials from Past Bootcampers
What do they say
- Mel O.
"Good honest platform"
A good honest platform to have a peep into the digital marketing platform. Thank you, Isman.
- Zarina B.
"A great overview"
Isman provided a great overview of the digital landscape efficiently within a short time..
- Shermaine T.
"Real eye opener"
I have benefited a lot from his session of the Digital Marketing Bootcamp. A real eye opener for newbie like me.
- Zhiqun C.
"Humility and passion"
Thank you for your humility and your passion in imparting overall concepts.
Who Should Attend
- Business owners, entrepreneurs, freelancers and startup founders who want to grow or further develop their business or company using digital marketing and need a deep overview (and most importantly, where to start)
- Corporate professionals who want to understand digital marketing better for their career progression or gain new skills for their current profession
- Educators who wish to understand how digital marketing works in industry to provide better education for their students
- Learn and understand digital marketing technologies, platforms and tools that you can use
- Be provided with information on where to find free world-class digital marketing education
- Learn about the mindset that you need to develop to be successful in the digital economy
- Learn one key foundation digital marketing strategy that works across all industries and all types of businesses, at all levels
- Gain the confidence to make better and smarter digital marketing decisions
Topics to be covered
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Internet Technology and Intro to WordPress
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) & Online Ads (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Social media, online PR (Public Relations) and Influencer Marketing
- Inbound, Content and Email Marketing
- Data Analytics
- Marketing Automation & Lead Management
- New Digital Technologies (Programmatic, Blockchain, AI, Chatbots)
- Essential Digital Marketing Strategies
Participants are to bring their laptop or tablet computers to the classroom. Printed learning materials and refreshments will also be provided.
Register for Full Day Saturday Session - 17 Nov:
Upcoming Training Dates:
- Saturday: 20 October 2018 - Full
- Weekday Evening: 13 & 15 November 2018 - Not available
- Saturday: 17 November 2018 - Available
Duration and Time:
- Weekday Evenings: 7pm - 10pm
- Saturday: 9am - 4pm
- Lifelong Learning Institute
- Standard: S$110.00
- Early bird: S$84.00
- Prices inclusive of course materials and refreshments
Want to bring this Bootcamp to your team?
Enjoy cost savings when you book a private training for your team.
Isman's mission is to make work better for marketers. Marketing leaders and professionals are overextended and overworked. By understanding and practising Agile Marketing values & management principles, Isman believes marketers will create a more productive and healthier work environment by doing far less. He also believes that there is an over-emphasis and reliance on digital technologies. We have forgotten the art of marketing and its human element and it's time to reflect and reconnect.
As a trainer and learning facilitator, Isman has worked with global and regional organisations including Daimler, CardinalHealth, Cigna, Dialog Axiata, PepsiCo and Telkomsel to deliver marketing training (including digital, inbound and social media) and to facilitate strategy and team development workshops. To date, he has delivered in-person learning experiences in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand. Isman has also lectured and trained students and professionals in educational and training institutions including Singapore Polytechnic, Marketing Institute of Singapore, Equinet Academy and Lithan Academy.
A Strathclyde MBA, he also holds a BA (First Class Honours) Marketing Management degree from Northumbria University. Isman's corporate experience started at Oracle and his marketing career progressed with Head of Marketing, Asia Pacific (MediaMath) and Marketing Director, Asia Pacific (Tapad/Telenor) roles at two of New York City's most innovative advertising technology companies.
Testimonials from Past Training Participants
What do they say
"Very effective and impressed"
Overall the training was very effective and impressed on the way the content was delivered.
- Regional Manager, Dialog Axiata
He was patient, knowledgeable and a great help...It made the sessions engaging.
- Account Director, Ace:Daytons Communications
"Extremely organised and client focused"
He is a consummate professional, extremely organised, and client focused in all his work. Isman’s brilliance encompasses all his activities, and his integrity make him a highly desirable project leader, partner or contributor.
- Director, Hosture Technologies
"Not boring, not difficult to understand"
Simple and interesting. It was not boring and not difficult to understand with some of the social jargons that are out there. Thank you and good luck!
- Chief Manager, Dialog Axiata
"Eats, breathes and sleeps digital marketing!"
His enthusiasm and passion in teaching and sharing his vast knowledge about this industry made me take interest in exploring and learning what digital marketing is all about.
- Implementation Consultant, Sambaash
"Ready to share knowledge"
Isman is a humble, patient and knowledgeable marketing professional who is always willing and ready to share his knowledge with others.
- Senior Regional Manager, AdAsia