The Realist Approach to Digital Marketing
Human-Driven Digital Marketing Masterclass
Course overview and goals
This is the digital marketing class that gives you a deeper understanding of how it works by focusing on the human element, from both customer experience's perspective and a marketer's perspective.
Because most digital marketing courses you can find in the market are specialist ones (Google Ads, Analytics, social media marketing, etc.) These are narrow areas of "digital marketing" that do not give you a big picture perspective. While "digital marketing" itself is a broad area of practices and specialisations that are useful for your organisation or business, you don't have the time for everything with your limited resources. You either want to choose the right technologies and approach to use for your business or you may want to decide which areas of specialisation you would like your marketing staff to focus on or get trained up. If you intend to outsource marketing work, then this Masterclass will help you speak the language of digital marketing and be smarter when confronted with jargons and ambitious proposals.
You will make agile Customer-centric decisions based on sound business needs, not hype in the media or hidden agendas.
At the end of this Masterclass, you will not be a "digital marketer" because that isn't the purpose. Instead, you will be a well-informed marketer/business person/educator with knowledge of human behaviour in the digital world and the technologies that help businesses connect to their customers online. You will have insights on how to setup your operations, plan your next big marketing project and where to spend your limited resources.
In this 2-day Masterclass, you will receive strategic, practical and hands-on digital marketing knowledge and skills. You will learn about:
- The various digital marketing channels, technologies and platforms that make up the digital marketing practice and how each will impact your organisation or business
- Lean frameworks and strategies that you can use to develop your team or your business' marketing initiatives using the digital tools and platforms that you need
- One digital marketing framework that you will master because it is the most sustainable, Customer-centric and rooted in the foundation of the Internet
Who Should Attend
- Business leaders or managers who want to understand the entire big picture of "digital marketing" and make better business decisions through this knowledge
- Business owners or startup founders who are looking to expand their marketing activities into the online world with a well-informed approach
- Marketing, Sales or other business professionals who seek the "digital marketing" truth before they further their education or training into specific digital marketing specialisation
- Academic or technical educators (marketing or otherwise) who want real industry view and case studies of up-to-the-moment digital marketing technologies and practices
This Masterclass is part "digital marketing bootcamp" and part "marketing management and strategy workshop".
What is different about this Masterclass:
- I will cover key digital marketing topics over the two days. I will emphasise the important focus areas and will light-touch the non-important ones.
- You will have some hands-on on digital marketing technologies but not too much.
- You can ask a lot of questions across a variety of marketing or digital marketing topics. I am not a technical specialist, but I can give you realist and humanist answers to your questions based on my corporate and practitioner experience. No hard selling. We are neutral although we believe some technology vendors truly have our interest at heart.
- You will bring YOUR business case to the Masterclass and we will seek possible solutions together, using all possible marketing strategies and techniques.
- You will be asked to prepare your existing business problem or digital marketing issues. Or you may choose not to.
- Every day, we will address at least four of your business cases during the Masterclass. Remember, there is no paint-by-number approach to digital marketing and every situation is unique. This open consultation method will benefit everyone in attendance as we look at different issues from different perspectives.
- At the end of the 2-day Masterclass, it will be very clear to you that one particular "digital marketing" approach I tend to emphasise is the most sustainable and effective among the various possibilities. While there is no wrong or one right approach, this framework works for Enterprises, medium-sized businesses, small mom-and-pops, independent consultants and freelancers even. This approach still needs a fair bit of work on your part although it is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
What will we cover
Want to bring this Masterclass to your team?
Enjoy cost savings when you book a private training for your team.
Testimonials from Past Training Participants
What do they say
"Very effective and impressed"
Overall the training was very effective and impressed on the way the content was delivered.
- Regional Manager, Dialog Axiata
He was patient, knowledgeable and a great help...It made the sessions engaging.
- Account Director, Ace:Daytons Communications
"Extremely organised and client focused"
He is a consummate professional, extremely organised, and client focused in all his work. Isman’s brilliance encompasses all his activities, and his integrity make him a highly desirable project leader, partner or contributor.
- Director, Hosture Technologies
"Not boring, not difficult to understand"
Simple and interesting. It was not boring and not difficult to understand with some of the social jargons that are out there. Thank you and good luck!
- Chief Manager, Dialog Axiata
"Eats, breathes and sleeps digital marketing!"
His enthusiasm and passion in teaching and sharing his vast knowledge about this industry made me take interest in exploring and learning what digital marketing is all about.
- Implementation Consultant, Sambaash
"Ready to share knowledge"
Isman is a humble, patient and knowledgeable marketing professional who is always willing and ready to share his knowledge with others.
- Senior Regional Manager, AdAsia